Your local REALTOR® is a licensed real estate professional belonging to The Oakville, Milton and District Real Estate Board, who is registered to a brokerage office that is located within the geographical boundaries of the Town of Milton, Ontario. In addition, they hold memberships with the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and the Ontario Real Estate Association (OREA).
It’s in your best interest to use a sales person who knows the local real estate market and no one knows local real estate better than a local REALTOR®!
When you’re choosing a sales person or broker to work with you on the purchase or sale of your home, one thing you’ll need to consider is whether to choose someone who has an office based in Milton or outside of the community. An Ontario real estate license allows a sales person to trade in real estate anywhere in the province. However, there are some compelling reasons for using a local REALTOR® who is a member of The Oakville, Milton and District Real Estate Board when you are buying or selling property in Milton.
They know Milton
- Local Milton sales people have “local knowledge”. They have extensive knowledge of the Town, its communities and all the things that make Milton unique.
- They know their way around the area and this can save you valuable time when you’re on a tight schedule and looking for that hard-to-find listing or trying to view multiple properties in one day.
They Know The Local Market
- Milton REALTORS® have expertise in the local market, they know….
- The current issues and trends in the area
- Local market statistics and comparisons
- Properties that may not yet be actively advertised
- Whether a property will provide the environment the buyer is looking for
- Whether a property is suitable for a home or investment
- Whether a property has resale value
They Have Local Connections
- Your local REALTOR® will know your property and has the ability to market it to other local agents and their clients.
- A REALTOR® who lives and works in the community they serve also has a network of contacts and can point you in the direction of LOCAL qualified, reliable and professional services, such as:
- Financial Service Providers
- Mortgage Rates and Providers
They Know The Local Issues
- They are extremely knowledgeable and experienced on the local issues that are unique to Milton town and rural properties. Such as:
- Septic systems
- Water testing
- Milton sales representatives are connected and informed on all local issue that pertains to community plans and future residential growth.
- Halton Conservation regulations
- NEC (Niagara Escarpment Commission) restrictions
Conveniently Located in the Community
When you use a local REALTOR®, it can save you money, headaches and time. When buying or selling a property by using an out-of-town sales person it may appear you are saving time and money. With a local sales person, you can be confident that you will have the sound and secure advice that comes from using a local REALTOR® who knows the community.